- Available position: Full time Gardener
- Benefits: competitive, dependent upon skills, experience and abilities (opportunities for over-time + bonus), 30 days holidays including bank holidays, pension, uniform and PPE provided
- Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday, starting at 7.30am
- Reporting to: Directors
- Location: Usually starting and finishing the day in Heyford Park, OX25 5HD
Oxford Edens is a gardening business based in Heyford Park, maintaining a wide variety of private gardens and commercial grounds across Oxfordshire. We also offer a garden design and implementation service. The business is experiencing strong and consistent growth and there is an immediate need for an ambitious, industrious and enthusiastic individual to join the team as a Gardener. Like our clients, we expect all work to be carried out to consistently high standards, often exceeding expectations. We are looking for someone who has this approach to their work. As you can see from our website, our work is varied and the role will be too.
The successful applicant must have the following:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in garden or grounds maintenance.
- Strong plant knowledge, experience of working with various plant types and the ability to identify plants, with a good awareness of the different pruning requirements for different plant types.
- Knowledge and experience of the tasks required to maintain lawns and borders.
- Honest and personable character with excellent timekeeping and organisational skills, and your flexibility in approach to tasks and schedules.
- Good communicator and ability to act as a mentor and decision maker.
- Ability to work under pressure, in all weathers and to solve problems as and when they arise.
- Happy to work as part of a team or on your own.
- Ability to get to and from Heyford Park and ideally have a full, clean UK driving licence so that you can drive one of our company vehicles.
The successful applicant will ideally have the following, although these attributes are not essential as we do invest in training our employees:
- soft landscaping experience including the management of turfing jobs from site preparation through to turf laying and experience of planting (including the selection of the appropriate composts)
- chainsaw certification and experience of pruning or lopping small trees
- a PA1 and PA6 certificate with spraying experience
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org