What type of hedge to plant will depend upon whether you want:
- a pure or mixed hedge
- an evergreen or deciduous hedge
- a formal or informal hedge
- a quick or slow growing hedge, plus the conditions the hedge must adapt to:
- planting in a heavy or light soil
- siting in an exposed or sheltered position
You should also consider when to plant, spraying to minimise competition from neighbouring plants, the size and type of hedge to plant, from bare-root Carpinus betulus (Hornbeam) to potted Fagus sylvatica (Beech) and how much you may require in terms of fertilisers and mulch.
We can help with all these decisions and manage the whole process from selecting and planting your stock to maintaining it in the future, including hedge trimming.